Home radon testing is a great way to protect yourself & your family from the negative health effects of radon. Radon claims the lives of over 21,000 Americans each year.
Doing home radon testing is the only effective way to determine whether you and your family are exposed to high levels of radon. The U.S. Surgeon General recommends ALL homes be tested for radon gas.
Steps you can take to measure and reduce radon levels include:
- Purchasing a radon test kit
- Testing your home or office
- Testing is inexpensive and easy — it should only take a few minutes of your time. It requires opening a package and placing a small measuring device in a room and leaving it there for the desired period. Short-term testing can take from a few days to 90 days. Long-term testing takes more than 90 days. The longer the test, the more relevant the results are to your home and lifestyle.
- Sending the kit to appropriate sources to determine radon level
- Follow the directions on the test kit packaging to find out where to send the device to get the results.
- Fixing your home if radon levels are high
Home radon testing doesn’t have to be hard or time consuming. Whether you want a professional to come in to do the testing, or you want to do it yourself, it’s a great step to protecting yourself & your family. If you need more information about home radon testing, or want to remediate an existing issue, give our office a call at 630-499-1492. We are happy to help when it comes to any radon problems!
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer!