Is your home Safe from Radon?
Simply, Radon is a Radioactive Gas that can cause lung cancer. It is a “type A” carcinogen. Scientifically, Radon is a radioactive element that is part of the radioactive decay chain of naturally occurring uranium in soil. You can’t see radon. You can’t smell radon & you can’t taste radon. Unlike carbon monoxide and many other home pollutants, radon’s adverse health effect – lung cancer – is usually not produced immediately. It is possible to be exposed for many years without knowing it.
More Facts about Radon
- Living in a home with radon concentrations at the state action level of 4.0pCi/L is the equivalent of smoking 8 cigarettes a day and is the equivalent of getting 200 chest X-rays a year. (Oswego Illinois for example has an average reading of 5.5pCi/L)
- Radon induced lung cancer kills more people than drunk driving in the US annually.
- Radon is an invisible, odorless, tasteless radioactive gas.
- According to the US EPA, radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States, and the leading cause among non-smokers.
- Radon comes from the natural breakdown of uranium and enters homes, schools and other buildings from the soil.
- Elevated indoor levels are found in every state in the US, and in every county in Illinois.
Trinity Services is Lead Paint Safety Certified and OSHA Compliant. We offer “EZ Service Work Billing” as well as Flat Rate Pricing. Call today to schedule an appointment with one of our professional technicians!
Our Electrical Services Include:
- Ceiling Fan Installation
- Light Fixture Installation
- Adding Outlets
- Generator Installation (Whole House Backup)
- Smoke Detectors, CO2 Detectors, Heat Detectors
- Surge Protection
- Residential Wiring
- New Construction
- Finished Basements and Additions
"I met Josiah last week when he came out to 310 S Rosedale in Aurora to consult with my clients about the house they are buying. I was very impressed by both his knowledge and wiliness to answer questions. Far too many in the trades are not quite so customer centric. In any...Brad E. - Lisle, IL