LaSalle County, IL Radon Mitigation
Radon gas is part of the radioactive decay chain of naturally occurring uranium in soil, groundwater and building materials. By passing through these channels, it enters buildings and structures where people live, work and gather in LaSalle County.
You can’t see, smell or taste radon, and unlike other home pollutants such as carbon monoxide, its impact on health is often delayed. A person can be exposed to it for years without being aware.
Radon poses the greatest threat of radiation exposure among the general public. If not managed correctly, it can cause lung cancer. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) identifies radon as the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the U.S. and the top cause among non-smokers.
High levels of the gas can be found in each U.S. state and every Illinois county, including LaSalle. Some studies suggest children may be particularly sensitive to radon because their respiration rate is higher and their body cells divide more rapidly, making them more vulnerable to radiation.
Finding out if you’re at risk requires accurate testing. Trinity Electrical and Radon Mitigation specializes in swift, simple and cost-effective radon mitigation for LaSalle County.
LaSalle County, IL Radon
Radon Fast Facts
- Radon was discovered in 1900 by German physicist Frederich Dorn, who referred to it as radium emanation. The name of the gas later became radon in 1923.
- According to the National Cancer Institute, scientists estimate that radon exposure in the U.S. results in up to 22,000 deaths due to lung cancer each year.
- Radon is the heaviest known gas – nine times denser than air. Because it contains only one atom, it also can penetrate many other materials such as leather and paper with ease.
- All types of homes have radon, even new construction.
- The average indoor radon level in the U.S. is 1.3pCi/L. The average outdoor level is 0.4pCi/L. Both Illinois’ and the EPA’s action level is 4pCi/L.
- Radon became a national issue in 1984 when American construction worker Stanley Watras began triggering radiation monitors at the Pennsylvania power plant where he was employed. The plant did not yet contain radioactive materials. Inspection found the cause to be radon and radon progeny clinging to him. Testing of his home revealed high levels of radon gas.
LaSalle County, IL Radon Problems
Solving a radon problem in LaSalle County requires radon mitigation and reduction techniques that stop radon entry and reduce indoor radon concentrations. As a fully trained and licensed radon mitigation contractor, Trinity Electrical and Radon Mitigation uses specialized equipment to determine where radon is entering. We then advise you on the best way to reduce it.
We also perform post-mitigation testing to ensure your system is operating as needed. Our radon mitigation systems are guaranteed to reduce your radon concentration level to below 4.0 pCi/L. Our systems improve your indoor-air quality as well.
Make sure that you and those around you aren’t at risk of dangerous exposure to radon gas. If you think you have a radon problem where you live or work in LaSalle County, contact us today at (630) 499-1492 to speak with a radon mitigation specialist.
"Thank you Phil. Your crew did a great job and we appreciate the service that was provided to us. Very efficent and professional. If we should have any electrical repairs/issues needed in the future, we will contact Trinity Electric again!"Donnielle S. - Batavia, IL