Kankakee County, IL Radon Mitigation
Radon gas is a part of the radioactive decay chain of naturally occurring uranium in soil, groundwater and building materials. It is also a type A carcinogen that can cause lung cancer if not managed correctly.
You can’t see, smell or taste the gas, and unlike other home pollutants such as carbon monoxide, its impact on health is often delayed. A person can be exposed to radon for years without being aware.
Radon enters the lungs by being breathed after seeping into occupied spaces. High levels of the gas can be found in each U.S. state and every Illinois county, including Kankakee. It poses the greatest threat of radiation exposure among the general public.
Some studies suggest children may be particularly sensitive to radon because their respiration rate is higher and their body cells divide more rapidly, making them more vulnerable to radiation.
Preventing or reducing the level of radon in homes, schools and buildings is vital to safety and health. The best way to assess your risk to is to have accurate testing. Trinity Electrical and Radon Mitigation specializes in swift, simple and cost-effective radon testing and mitigation for Kankakee County.
Kankakee County, IL Radon
Some Fast Facts about Radon
- Radon is the heaviest known gas – nine times denser than air. Because it contains only one atom, it also can penetrate many other materials such as leather and paper with ease.
- All types of homes have radon, even new construction.
- The average indoor radon level in the U.S. is 1.3pCi/L. The average outdoor level is 0.4pCi/L. Both Illinois’ and the EPA's action level is 4pCi/L.
- According to the National Cancer Institute, scientists estimate that up to 22,000 annual lung cancer deaths in the U.S. are related to radon.
- Radon became a national issue in 1984 when American construction worker Stanley Watras began triggering radiation monitors at the Pennsylvania power plant where he was employed. The plant did not yet contain radioactive materials. Inspection found the cause to be radon and radon progeny clinging to him. Testing of his home revealed high levels of radon gas.
Kankakee County, IL Radon Problems
Solving a radon problem in Kankakee County requires accurate testing and reduction techniques provided by trained and licensed professionals. Trinity Electrical and Radon Mitigation uses specialized equipment to determine where radon is entering. We then advise you on the best way to reduce it.
Equally important, we perform post-mitigation testing to ensure your system is operating as intended. Our radon mitigation systems are guaranteed to reduce your radon concentration level to below the action level of 4.0 pCi/L.
Ensure safety and peace of mind for both you and those around you. If you think you have a radon problem at your home or office in Kankakee County, or want to make sure that you don’t, contact us today at (630) 499-1492. A radon mitigation specialist will be glad to speak with you.