Grundy, IL Radon Mitigation
Radon is a carcinogenic gas that is part of the radioactive decay chain of naturally occurring uranium in soil, groundwater and building materials. It can cause lung cancer if not managed correctly.
You can’t see, smell or taste radon, and unlike other home pollutants such as carbon monoxide, its impact on health is often delayed. A person can be exposed to radon for months or years without being aware.
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) identifies radon as the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the U.S. and the top cause among non-smokers. Radon enters the lungs by being breathed after seeping into occupied spaces.
High levels of the gas can be found in each U.S. state and every Illinois county, including Grundy. It poses the greatest threat of radiation exposure among the general public.
The EPA, the U.S. Surgeon General, the American Lung Association, the American Medical Association and the National Safety Council all recommend testing your home for radon.
Professionally licensed and trained, Trinity Electrical and Radon Mitigation prevents the dangers of radon in Grundy County by testing for radon and correctly installing radon mitigation systems.
Grundy County, IL Radon
Fast Facts about Radon
- Radon was discovered in 1900 by German physicist Frederich Dorn, who referred to it radium emanation. The name of the gas later became radon in 1923.
- According to the National Cancer Institute, scientists estimate that 15,000 to 22,000 lung-cancer deaths are related to radon in the U.S. each year.
- All types of homes have radon, even those newly built.
- Radon became a national issue in 1984 when American construction worker Stanley Watras began triggering radiation monitors at the Pennsylvania power plant where he was employed. The plant did not yet contain radioactive materials. Closer inspection found the cause to be radon and radon progeny clinging to him. Subsequent testing of his home revealed high levels of radon gas.
- The average indoor radon level in the U.S. is 1.3pCi/L. The average outdoor level is 0.4pCi/L. Both Illinois’ and the EPA’s action level is 4pCi/L.
Grundy County, IL Radon Problems
Trinity Electrical and Radon Mitigation solves radon problems in Grundy County. We use our specialized equipment to determine where radon is entering and then advise you on the best way to reduce it.
We also perform post-mitigation testing to ensure your radon mitigation system is operating as intended. Our radon mitigation systems are guaranteed to reduce your radon concentration level to below 4.0 pCi/L.
Ensure safety and health for both you and those around you by correcting or preventing a radon problem in Grundy County. Contact us today at (630) 499-1492 to speak with a radon mitigation specialist.
"Thanks for all your good work Phil! I will be sure to recommend your services to anyone in the future..."Tom H. - Aurora, IL